Terms and conditions for use of Strømtest.no
Main things you should know:
- You are responsible for ensuring that information you provide is accurate and complete, as this will affect your results.
- Information provided by Strømtest.no about your future energy usage (and, where you do not provide past usage data, your past and current usage) is a guide only.
- Not all energy offers available to you may be displayed on Strømtest.no.
Application and amendment of these terms and conditions
Your use of Strømtest.no website is governed by these terms and conditions. By accessing and using Strømtest.no, you agree to be bound by and abide by these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
Your use of Strømtest.no
You are entitled to, using a generally recognized web browser, download and view the content of this website and use Strømtest.no for the purpose of obtaining information about your own household’s or small business’s energy consumption and generally available energy offers that may be available to cater to your needs. This does not include obtaining information about the energy consumption and needs of others in order to advise them.
Registering on our Websites
You must be 18 years old or over to create an account on this Website, and warrant that the details you provide on registration are true, accurate, complete and current. You must promptly update us with any changes to your account details. Where you register using a social account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of that social account login. You agree that any person who has access to your email address or social account login is authorised to act as your agent for the purpose of transacting for any services via this Website, and you will be responsible for any and all activity conducted using your email address or social account. You shall take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to your account via any computer or other device that you use to access your account or via your social account. If you believe someone has, without authorisation, accessed an account that you created on this Website or that your email address or social account has been compromised, please contact us immediately. When you create an account you may be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive marketing emails from us, our group companies or third parties. You can manage your email subscription preferences via the Website or unsubscribe from emails at any time. From time to time, we may need to send you service emails relating to your account, and we reserve the right to do so.
The content on this site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this site. In particular, this Website and our call centre(s) provide a service where you may:
- obtain comprehensive information on suppliers of services, products, and/or goods selected by us from time to time and listed on this Website (a “Supplier”), including the services and products that those Suppliers offer, and
- facilitate a transaction (if any) between you and the Suppliers for the provision of those services, products and/or goods (“Services”).
However, in providing our service we are not:
- giving you any advice, investment, financial or otherwise in respect of any Service; or
- recommending or endorsing and Supplier or Service.
We shall inform you of any applicable terms and conditions imposed by a Supplier in relation to the supply of its Services, and you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. You also agree that:
- we are solely providing information regarding Suppliers and their Services, and you are not contracting directly with us for the provision of such Services;
- any person who has access to your email address or social account login is authorised to act as your agent for the purposes of transacting via the Website and/or Services;
- you are responsible for transmitting all payments due to any Supplier on the terms agreed with the relevant Supplier for its Services or otherwise, and we shall have no responsibility for the transmission of payments to any Supplier; and
- where a Supplier requires details of your credit or debit card, you shall provide us with such details (where necessary) and we may forward such d etails to the relevant Supplier.
You must not use Strømtest.no:
- for any purpose that is unlawful or infringes any rights of Instantmarketing AS employees, its agents, instrumentalities or employees or a third party; or
- to breach or circumvent or attempt to breach or circumvent the security of this website (including hacking) or engage in any other malicious, illegal or damaging behaviour in relation to this website.
Materials you provide
Reliance on Strømtest.no
If you upload or otherwise provide us usage data provided by your energy retailer or distributor for the purposes of using Strømtest.no, the energy company (and you, if you make any changes to the data), is responsible for the accuracy of that data. We do not check that the data is correct or otherwise take any responsibility for the content of material provided to you by your energy company. Any information about your past, current or projected future energy usage that you obtain through use of Strømtest.no is determined based on the information that you provide in response to questions. You are responsible for ensuring that the information that you provide is accurate and complete. The results provided by Strømtest.no are estimates provided as a guide only and, although we continuously work to ensure that the results are as accurate as possible, the results may not reflect your actual past, current or future energy usage. The information is not financial advice and may not accurately reflect the amount that you will pay for energy. The information about available energy offers is provided by energy retailers and made available to us by Forbrukerrådet and providers own websites. The energy retailer is required to ensure that information is accurate and current. We are not responsible for verifying its accuracy, currency or completeness and does not take any steps to do so. Accordingly, we do not guarantee the accuracy, currency or completeness of that material. If you wish to take up any offer listed in Strømtest.no, you should verify the details of the offer with the energy retailer, including checking that the offer is available to you and all of the terms and conditions applicable to the offer. Strømtest.no cannot provide information about whether certain discounts or incentives are available to you. You should not merely rely on the information provided through Strømtest.no as being correct, current and applicable to you or your circumstances. The energy offers displayed within Strømtest.no do not necessarily reflect all of the offers that may be available to you. There may be additional offers that are available to you but that:
- are not widely available to most domestic or small business customers or are exclusive to a particular customer segment;
- cannot be handled by Strømtest.no because they fall outside the parameters used by Strømtest.no to compare different offers; or
- are otherwise not accessible by the energy retailer’s website or Forbrukerrådet’s lists.
You should check with the relevant energy retailer what offers may be available to you, including offers not displayed as part of the results given by Strømtest.no. If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to on this site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Third party websites
Operation of this website
All conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities or other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom, or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on Instantmarketing AS are expressly excluded under these terms and conditions. Without limiting the above, Strømtest.no does not warrant that: Strømtest.no will be free of infections by viruses, worms, spyware, adware, keyloggers, trojans or any other computer code, program or routine that is harmful, destructive, disabling or that assists in or enables theft, alteration, denial of service, unauthorized disclosure or destruction or corruption of data; or the functioning of Strømtest.no or your access to Strømtest.no or this website will be uninterrupted or error-free. You should use up-to-date virus protection software and other systems to protect your own computer and systems from viruses or other harmful code.
Restrictions on Use
You agree not to:
- transmit any material designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of our Website;
- use any automated software to view our Website without consent and to only access our Website manually;
- use our Website other than for your own personal use or as an agent listing properties for sale and to rent;
- attempt to copy our data our reverse engineer our processes;
- use our Website in any manner that is illegal, immoral or harmful to us (including to commit or facilitate the commitment of any fraud against us or any Supplier);
- use our Website in breach of any policy or other notice on our Website;
- remove or alter any copyright notices that appear on our Website;
- publish any material that may encourage a breach of any relevant laws or regulations;
- interfere with any other user’s enjoyment of our Website;
- transmit materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner; or
- conduct yourself in an offensive or abusive manner whilst using our Website.
Exclusions and limitations of liability
Strømtest.no will have no liability to you for any economic loss, loss of contract, loss of profit or revenue, loss of opportunity, loss of production, production stoppage, loss of data or other loss, harm, damage, cost or expense (including legal fees) in the nature of special, indirect or consequential loss or damage that arises directly or indirectly in connection with your use of Strømtest.no or this website or the performance or non-performance of Strømtest.no, and whether arising under any indemnity, statute, in tort (for negligence or otherwise), or on any other basis in law or equity. The liability of Strømtest.no to you:
- for a failure to comply with any Non-excludable Obligation, except for services of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption (in respect of which liability is not so limited under these terms and conditions); or
- in connection with your use of Strømtest.no or the performance or non-performance of Strømtest.no, and whether arising under any indemnity, statute, in tort (for negligence or otherwise), or on any other basis in law or equity, other than for a Non-excludable Obligation, is limited to supplying the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
This Website may offer comparison services such as electricity providers and more. In regard to comparison services following is required from users:
- you will need to answer a number of questions which cover the full set of questions needed by the relevant underlying Suppliers and any intermediaries they may use. The answers you give to these questions will determine the services which may be made available to you;
- you must get permission from any other people whose details you propose to use in requesting a quote, before you provide any of their information. This applies to all information that you provide. In submitting any other person’s details, you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so, and that they understand how their information will be used;
- you should take care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge, as this will help Suppliers make sure the Services are best suited to your needs;
- if you are obtaining Services via the Supplier’s website, you must also read the relevant Supplier’s own policy, agreement, and terms and conditions. They are the terms and conditions that you agree to by taking the Services from the relevant Supplier and are separate from our own. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Services match your requirements and that you agree to the terms and conditions of any Service before you apply for it;
- we seek to ensure that we accurately pass on the information you have provided for the purpose of providing a comparison, however we stress that it is your responsibility to check that your details are correct on the underlying Supplier’s website; and
- we cannot accept liability for errors made by the underlying Supplier or their intermediary or appointed representative, or answer complaints on their behalf. In such an event, we recommend you follow the guidelines provided in the Supplier’s documentation; Complaints.
We aim to provide an excellent standard of service, however if you feel we may have not achieved this please let us know. We take all complaints seriously, and use our best efforts to resolve these as quickly as possible. If your complaint is regarding a Supplier from which you have obtained a Service and with which we put you in touch, then you should address your complaint direct to that Supplier. You can formally raise your complaint about our services or any Services obtained online through the Elklagenemda: https://www.elklagenemnda.no/
Suspension of access
Without limiting the above, we may remove or suspend Strømtest.no, or access to it, for any reason including where there is a fault, harmful code, unauthorized access or other malicious attack on the website’s systems or for the purposes of upgrading or maintenance of the website.
Termination of access
If, in our opinion, you breach any of these terms and conditions, we may suspend, terminate or limit your access to Strømtest.no. we do not waive any right under these terms and conditions unless the waiver is in writing signed by us.
Compare Power Prices
We give you an overview of all power agreements from all electricity suppliers in Norway.